Saturday, October 31, 2009

New World Order

So I had a thought and an odd one at that. I saw this article US admiral concerned about China military buildup and thought what if...

In the article it mentions the vast buildup of China's military and how we need transparency for stability of the region. It also mentions how the 2nd most top ranked officer of China's PLA(People's Liberation Army) just visited President Obama to speak of common interests.

Now my thought was about the actual size of China's Army and what one man would think of it. In particular what the sitting President of another nation might think of it. Is it so big that protecting one's self and bowing to that kind of might before thinking of your country and freedom become second? Does this President have the willingness to fight for this country, like Presidents before him, against such odds and will future Presidents?

I have a slight fear that this President or future Presidents will cow tow very quickly to appease and keep their own place of power in such a situation. A fear that this country's President my give us away for their own gain.

I am saddened that I feel this way toward our sitting President but I can't shake it. I simply don't believe that he has it in him nor can I find anything in his history to show me otherwise.

I never looked for this trait in the President that I voted for but I will now.

0 comments

Post a Comment